How to Choose an Orthodontist
Posted by Dr. Adam Schulhof on August 28, 2013
Deciding on the right orthodontist for you, is not a decision that should be taken lightly. Your orthodontist will be the one helping you find the perfect braces, whether that means Incognito Hidden Braces, Invisalign, or traditional. If you know which braces you want, you should look for an orthodontist that can apply those braces without a hitch. For other great tips on choosing an orthodontist, check out our latest infographic.
How to Choose an Orthodontist
The first step to achieving a perfect smile is finding an orthodontist, but how do you know who is best for your case?
6 Signs You Need Braces
- Afraid to smile or laugh
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- Problems chewing
- Bad breath because crooked teeth are difficult to clean
- Speech difficulties due to a bad bite
The misalignment to Malocclusion: the misalignment of the teeth in upper and lower jaws
If these negatively affect your self-esteem or daily activities, it's probably time to consult an orthodontist.
Determine Which Solution is Best for Yo
- Traditional Metal Braces are cost effective, but highly visible.
- Self-Ligating Ceramic Braces are translucent and less visible. Treatment time is 30 percent quicker than traditional braces.
- Invisalign is a great option if you are seeking invisible braces for individual cases.
- Lingual Braces are hidden behind the teeth and fully customizable for treating a wide range of cases with less discomfort.
- Distance and Location
- Referrals From Friends & Family
- Online Reviews
- Orthodontic License
- Board Certification
- Years of Practice
- Technology & Facilities
- Payment Plan Options
Think You've Found "The One"?
- Schedule a Consultation
- Evaluate Your Investment
Is this the right solution for you?
What can you afford?
What works best with your lifestyle and schedule?
Are you comfortable with the doctor and staff?
Choosing the Perfect Orthodontist Isn't Hard...
Armed with this information, along with your own research and intuition, finding the right orthodontist is easy!
10 Fads to Leave in the '90s
Posted On: Dec 11 2013
From visible braces to boomboxes, let's pay tribute to 10 of our favorite fads. Read More
Advantages of Incognito Braces over Invisalign
Posted On: Dec 08 2013
Searching for a discreet orthodontic straightening treatment that really works for you? Read More
Use Caution with These Notorious Tooth-Staining Treats
Posted On: Dec 06 2013
Keep your teeth beautiful and white with these cautionary tips. Read More
10 Reasons to Smile
Posted On: Dec 03 2013
Today, we're here with some great reasons for you to flash your pearly whites. Read More
Your Unique Smile
Posted On: Nov 30 2013
Achieve your best smile with modern orthodontic treatment options like Hidden Braces. Read More
- General Interest (5)
- Incognito Braces Benefits (2)
- Teeth Cleaning (3)
- Hidden Braces (1)
- Oral Health (3)
- Oral Health and Orthodontics (7)
- Celebrity Teeth (3)
- Braces Behind The Teeth (4)
- Fun Facts About Teeth (6)
- Orthodontic Care (4)
- Beauty (3)
- Dental Anxiety (3)
- Adult Orthodontic Tips (3)
- Early Orthodontics For Kids (2)
- Adult Braces (11)
- Adult Orthodontics (3)
- Celebrity Ceramic Braces (2)
- Cost of Braces (1)
- Invisalign Invisible Braces (1)
- Adult Orthodontic Facts (1)
- Lingual Braces (1)
- Clear Ceramic Braces (2)
- Caring For Braces (1)
- Malocclusion (1)
- Orthodontics News (1)